Motivation Monday: A “Be Quiet!” Freebie! ;)

No, not you!  Just the people who are being unkind and disrespectful!
Maybe this reminds you of your students.  Maybe this reminds you of colleagues.  Maybe it reminds you of adult acquaintances you hang out with.
Either way, it’s a simple phrase that can really help out any situation.  Click the picture above to download the poster to hang in your classroom.  I hung mine on my board:
HERE is the link to the pin where I found this on Pinterest.
I WISH I could take credit for this!
Do you have any special sayings you use?!
Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher
    February 11, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Love this! Some of my sweeties could definitely use this reminder! πŸ™‚

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

AMC
    February 11, 2013 at 7:54 pm

This year our school took up the T.H.I.N.K saying. We have it posted in our classrooms and the kids received bookmarks. We also wore blue ribbons around our wrists during Anit-bullying Week as a reminder. Before you speak Think, is it true, helpful, interesting, necessary and kind.

Looking From Third to Fourth

Dana
    February 11, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I've used that one, too! That's cool that you're entire school has adopted it!

Dana
    February 11, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I said it about 10 times between 8:30-11:30 today! πŸ™‚

Lorena
    February 11, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I need to display it as well.

Abby
    February 11, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I love, love, love this! Printed, laminated and ready to go tomorrow!!

Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

thirdgradegalore
    February 11, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I can't wait to print and use this tomorrow. I always ask kids if they have changed their name when they interupt another student that I just called on. Did they kids respond when you used this saying?

Dana
    February 11, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I say that same thing. πŸ™‚ "Well hi, so-and-so! You changed your name!" When I said the "be kind or be quiet" quote, they honestly stopped and thought about what they had said. It was AMAZING! I'm hopeful that this helps some of my friends who like to start arguments.

April Walker
    February 12, 2013 at 11:41 pm

We totally used this as our writing inspiration today. It was perfect!
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack
    Balancing the Backpack

Mrs. Corbitt
    February 13, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Oh my goodness I love this poster! I recently got a new student (transfer from another 3rd grade class in my school) and this poster could go directly on his desk. I am hoping that will not be necessary but it is definitely going up first thing tomorrow. Thank you so much!!!

πŸ™‚ nicole