Finally Friday!

When I say this week has been tough, it’s an understatement.

I haven’t had the time nor frame of mind to work on new activities.
My heart is heavy with the struggles and issues of the children at my school.

I grew up in a bubble.  The things that we’re dealing with now weren’t even on my radar growing up.  And being a teacher, you don’t just turn off at 4:00 each day (or however late you may stay because you’re so busy).  The work and the emotional ties come home with you.  I’m working at a school that’s pretty tough.  There’s no bubble anymore.  It’s scary to think about.

I love my kids with all my heart.  This week was a true test of will, strength, and faith.  I hope that all of you have a restful weekend.  I have next week off and have tons of things written down to share with y’all.  I look forward to rejuvenating and coming back with full force by Monday.  :)

I’ll leave you with a note one of my precious babies left on my desk today:

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

KatieWood
    November 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm

This literally made me tear up. I have the privledge of knowing first hand what a wonderful teacher and person you are.

Dana
    November 16, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Aww, Katie! I love you and miss you (and all my GS's) so much!

Brittany
    November 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for being so honest with us! You teachers who teach in areas like this are such an inspiration to me. I pray and feel for you often and hope to someday be as brave as you. I hope you are able to enjoy your week off!!

Brittany
    Stickers and Stamps

Dana
    November 16, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Bless you, Brittany! You are too sweet. :)

Louise Roy
    November 17, 2012 at 9:23 am

As teachers we want to make a difference and Dana, you obviously are doing exactly that. May God bless you and help you when things get overwhelming and difficult. :)

Dana
    November 17, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Aww, Louise! Thank you. :)

D. Frideley
    November 17, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I'm there with you. My bubble was burst 7 yrs ago when I began teaching at my current school. I think Foster Care and the parents who cause the need for Foster Care are the reasons my bubble burst. I believe it is nurture not nature who makes a person who they are (for the most part).

Stephanie Ann
    November 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I'm with you girl…it's just so sad sometimes :( I love the note you got. It's so important for the kids to feel comfortable and in a safe environment and they obviously feel that way with you. Keep up the great work!

Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Third Grade

Dana
    November 18, 2012 at 7:18 am

Thanks, Stephanie! And yes, thought sweet little notes will keep you going when times get tough. :)